QUIZUR GUEST HOUSE
A great multicultural experience in an
To provide accommodation services to UPEACE guests
in a unique multicultural and academic environment
The University for Peace (UPEACE) Quizur Guest House is an extension of the University for Peace campus. The Guest House includes comfortable bedrooms, cabins with kitchenettes, relaxing common areas, classrooms, and an amphitheater. The facilities are surrounded by the freshness and beauty of nature and make a great place for quiet reflection, reading, casual gatherings, and discussions with professors and other members of the UPEACE community.
Quizur is a 2-acre property located in Piedades de Santa Ana, which is about 25 minutes west of San Jose, 30 minutes from the airport, and 20 minutes from the UPEACE Main Campus.
The physical address is 350 meters south of the Shang Hai Restaurant in Piedades de Santa Ana (see map below).
- Single: US$ 40.00 per night
- Double: US$ 50.00 per night
- Triple: US$ 60.00 per night
Special long-stay rates are also available.
All fees include homemade breakfast and shuttle transportation to UPEACE main campus (details below).
- Free wireless Internet access
- Flat screen TVs with cable
- Private bathrooms and showers in each room and cabin
- Hot and cold water
- Free local calls
Served daily from 7:30 am to 9:00 am on weekdays and from 7:30 am to 10:00 am on weekends. We invite you to let us know about your food preferences. Please contact the staff or the Guest House Manager for this purpose.
The check-in time is 1:00 pm. Early check-in is available upon request. You will be checked-in by the Guest House Manager. Flight information (date and time of arrival) will be requested beforehand in order to best prepare to receive you.
The check-out time is 12:00 pm. Late check-out is available based on occupancy. Contact the Guest House Manager for more information on the payment procedure. Please drop the key at the reception upon departure, along with any outstanding payments. Currently, credit cards are not accepted.
Daily housekeeping service.
Laundry service is available at an extra cost. (Please check the list of prices in your room).
Dinner options are available. (Check the listing in your room).
Guests who would like to prepare their own meals should request a cabin, which are equipped with a stove, refrigerator, and cooking utensils. Guests using bedrooms may use the kitchen in the main house.
If any other services are needed, please contact the Guest House Manager.
Transportation services for professors and guests staying at Quizur will be provided to the main UPEACE campus from Monday through Friday at 8:00 AM and back to Quizur in the afternoon at 1:30 PM and 4:30 PM .
UPEACE provides a free shuttle service from UPEACE to downtown Ciudad Colon and back at different times during the day. (Please check the bus schedule in your room).
Taxis Ciudad Colon: 2249-2078
Taxis Santa Ana: 2282-7793
- Electricity: 110 Volts
- Security: One security officer is available 24 hours at the entrance.
- Newspaper: Local paper available daily in the cafeteria.
- Staff hours: Weekdays: 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Weekends: 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Tips: If you feel the service provided was outstanding, a tip box is available for tipping the cleaning and cooking staff.
- Currency: Colon. The exchange rate is approximately 500.00 Colones for one US Dollar.
- Exchanging money: You may change US dollars at most banks. Banking hours are commonly 9 AM to 3 PM on weekdays. However, Banco Nacional in Ciudad Colon opens at 8:30 AM and remains open until 3:45 PM. Be sure to bring your passport when changing money.
- ATMs: You will find ATMs in Ciudad Colon. Banco Nacional has one at the east side of the Catholic Church. Banco de Costa Rica has another located two blocks south of the Church.