Planning your visit ►
See our plannings and events.
Imagine yourself at UPEACE ►
UPEACE invites applications, to its MA programmes, from women and men who have the equivalent of a four-year undergraduate degree (BA, BS) or similar, from an accredited college or university. Students admitted in the past come from a variety of disciplines, including education, the social and natural sciences, and humanities and legal fields. Some have an MA in related areas and are seeking supplemental training in peace studies. Students admitted to any UPEACE MA programme must exhibit an outstanding academic record.
There is no one "formula" for success in order to be accepted into the UPEACE family. What UPEACE seeks are highly motivated and hardworking individuals who are committed to positive social change; a year or more of work experience in a related field is a plus. In addition, having some background in international studies and/or cross-cultural experiences is also desirable.
Important application deadlines
A. For applicants who need financial assistance please apply before 25 of April, 2014.
B. For applicants who do not need financial assistance:
- 16 of May, 2014 – applicants who are NOT applying for financial assistance but who need an entry visa for Costa Rica must apply until this date.
- First week of August, 2014 – applicants who are NOT applying for financial assistance and do not need entry visas for Costa Rica may apply until this date.
What do you need in order to apply to UPEACE? A complete hard-copy application package consists of ALL the following relevant materials:
- On-line application
- English Proficiency Test Scores Report (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- Official Undergraduate Transcripts and Copy of Diploma
- Curriculum Vitae or Résumé
- Financial Form
- Copy of Passport
Applicants must be fluent in English, both spoken and written. English Proficiency Score reports such as the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Test (IELTS) are required for applicants whose native language is not English.
Classes start in the third week of August.
|To receive more information about MA programmes click here >>|