Take a Course at UPEACE
Research & Publications
Around the World
Student & Alumni Network
Requirements for the programme are presented below:
Deadline to apply: 30 August to start in January
- On-line Doctoral application
- Letter of interest
- Two recent reference letters from post graduate faculty
- BA and MA transcripts or equivalent* demonstrating a high level of academic achievement
- UPEACE graduates must not have any pending financial obligations at UPEACE
- Updated CV with list of publications
- Writing sample
- 2000 word concept paper for research proposal
- Interview by the Doctoral Committee ( skype or in person)
- Recent copy of valid ID (MI status, Costa Rican Cédula or passport)
- English proficiency scores (not applicable for UPEACE graduates or faculty members)
* Equivalent may mean: Candidates who come from countries where postgraduate degrees have different nomenclature and/or significant work experience teaching at graduate level for several years and/or articles published in refereed journals in distinguished academic settings. The Doctoral Committee will assess exceptional candidates on a case by case basis.
An English Language Proficiency Test Report is required for all applicants from non-English-speaking countries. The following English Proficiency Tests are accepted:
||Band of 7 ( good user)
|Paper based TOEFL (PBT)
|Computer based TOEFL (CBT)
|Internet Based TOEFL (IBT)
UPEACE TOEFL Code: 7180
- TOEIC and TOEFL-ITP are not accepted
- Tests of more than two years old are not valid. Applicants who took the English Test more than two years ago must repeat the test.
To waive the English Language Proficiency Test Report, applicants from non-English speaking countries may present the following documents:
- Undergraduate Degree from an English Speaking Country or English Speaking University.
- Letter from a higher education institution certifying enrollment or completion of a programme by the applicant, and stating that the medium of instruction was English.
- Exceptionally, when the hard copy version of the TOEFL Test Scores Report will not be available by the established deadline; the ETS electronic Test Scores Report will be accepted on a temporary basis.
- Should the applicant be admitted, original hard copy English Proficiency test scores will be required upon confirmation of acceptance. If the applicant will be providing one of the documents required for a waiver, they will need to provide a copy that is certified, authenticated or with "Apostille" upon confirmation of acceptance.