Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship
Academic Year 2016-2017
Overview of Instructions for preparing an application
Please read the guidelines carefully to determine which documentation is needed. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Fill out the on-line application form
- Gather and upload a PDF copy of all the following materials:
- Official Undergraduate Transcript
- Official BA Degree
- Curriculum Vitae or Résumé
- Statement of purpose for APS
- English Proficiency Scores Report
- Copy of Passport
- 1 Passport Sized Picture (for enrollment you must submit 10 identical passport size pictures)
- 3 Recommendation Letters and their respective Recommendation Letter form (signed by the respective references)
We will confirm receipt of application materials by e-mail as soon as possible.
Detailed instructions and links for preparing an application
- On-Line Application Form
- OFFICIAL UNDERGRADUATE TRANSCRIPT
Original transcript of records of a four-year Bachelor's degree (first University degree) with the official grading system in the original language is requested. Official translation to English of this document is required. The transcript must be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the applicant’s country of origin. Certified copies by public notaries are not valid.
If the applicant’s bachelor programme is less than four years, the prospective student must submit a Certificate of Graduation Equivalence issued by the Ministry of Education of the applicant’s country of origin.
Students who are selected for the scholarship must authenticate their transcript of records in the nearest Philippine embassy to comply with Ateneo de Manila’s registration process.
3. OFFICIAL BACHELOR'S DEGREE
The copy of the bachelor’s degree must be in the original language used by the university to confer degrees and must come with its official English translation. The copy of diploma must be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the applicant’s country of origin.
Students who are selected for the scholarship must authenticate their copy of bachelor’s degree in the nearest Philippine embassy to comply with Ateneo de Manila’s registration process.
Diploma copies certified by public notaries are not valid.
4. CURRICULUM VITAE OR RÉSUMÉ
The Curriculum Vitae or Résumé must clearly state the following information:
- Name of applicant
- Applicant's birth date
- E-mail address
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Academic background (including institution name, graduation year and degree obtained)
- Working experience (including name of the institution, date of beginning, ending date and position)
- Multicultural exchanges
- Any other relevant information
5. STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The statement of purpose must be least 1000 words and should be written for the Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship exclusively answering the following questions:
- Why have you decided to apply to the Asian Peacebuliders Scholarship?
- What are your expectations for the UPEACE Academic Programme?
- What are your career goals after graduation?
- What type of work experience, life experience, previous studies and/or multicultural exchanges have you had in the past that would contribute to your academic experience in this programme?
- What personal qualities, abilities and/or special skills do you have that would contribute to your academic experience in this programme?
- Any constraints or difficulties that you anticipate encountering in your studies in this programme?
- What are the potential contributions of the APS Programme to your future career plans and larger society?
6. ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TEST SCORES REPORT
It is mandatory for all applicants to submit their English proficiency test scores. The following are the only English Proficiency Tests accepted:
TOEFL Paper based (PBT)
TOEFL Computer based (CBT)
TOEFL Internet Based (IBT)
UPEACE TOEFL Code: 7180
Applicants who have a score below the intermediate level scores will not be eligible for the programme
- The original scores can be also sent by ETS to UPEACE
- TOEIC and TOEFL-ITP are not accepted.
- Tests of more than two years old are not valid. Applicants who took the English Test more than two years ago must repeat the test.
- An English Language Phone Interview may be part of the selection process. Applicants will be notified in advance if such an interview is needed.
7. COPY OF PASSPORT
The copy must be of the passport pages showing the following information:
- Birth date
- Issuance and expiration date
Passport validity must be for at least 6 months after the end of the Programme (December 2015)
8. THREE LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
The applicant must submit three letters of recommendation with the respective APS Recommendation letter form. This form can be found within APS online application form.
Some valid referees or recommenders are:
- Former professors
- Faculty Deans
- Academic Advisors
- Immediate Supervisors
- Research Project Managers
Letters from family members, close friends, or peer colleagues are not accepted.
Your application represents you, so be sure that it is complete and accurate and that the essay and supplementary materials represent your own work. It is not acceptable to misrepresent one's accomplishments, to borrow from the works of others without proper acknowledgment, or to submit as one's own material what has been written, re-written or heavily edited by others. Also the authenticity of the documents that you submit speaks to your integrity. Breaches of these protocols will result in rejection of your application.