Take a Course at UPEACE
Research & Publications
Student & Alumni Network
PeaceBuilders Fellowships 2013-2014
You are half-way to UPEACE!
General conditions of the Peacebuilders Fellowships:
- 50% scholarship offered to students coming from the following regions:
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- West Asia (Lebanon, Palestine, Israel, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Afghanistan)
- South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives)
- Applicable only for the academic year 2013-2014
- Limited number of spaces for the Fellowships
The United Nations mandated University for Peace (UPEACE) announces the Peacebuilders Fellowships for the academic year 2013-2014. This Fellowships has been created to bring opportunities to young professionals who have an interest and commitment to peace, international cooperation, and conflict resolution. Given the global economic situation and the fact that peace cannot wait, UPEACE will meet students from specific regions half-way by providing 50% scholarship.
UPEACE, based in Costa Rica, offers students a powerful academic and multicultural experience as they undertake studies in an intensive programme with fellow students from more than 50 countries, building strong social and professional connections on the way.
- The one-year MA programmes are specialized in areas related to peace studies and provide field experience that will enable students to work in an international job market. Courses are taught by international faculty, with recognized expertise in their area of study.
- When finished, the students become part of a network of professionals in the field of peace who work in areas such as Human Rights, peacebuilding, conflict resolution, and education.
- Also, UPEACE offers special conditions to its students for continuing their studies in the Doctoral Programme in Peace and Conflict Studies.
Application deadline 31 January 2013