Take a Course at UPEACE
Research & Publications
Around the World
Student & Alumni Network
New York Office
- Build a constituency for the University for Peace in North America.
- Mobilize resources.
- Give input for regional and thematic educational programmes.
- Develop and maintain liaison with UN organizations and agencies, Permanent Missions to the United Nations, non-governmental organizations and philanthropic foundations - in New York and North America - in order to mobilize support for UPEACE and its activities.
- Provide support for fund-raising through coordination with UPEACE senior officials and senior advisors on the submissions of requests for financial support from various donor countries and institutions, and philanthropic foundations.
- Develop and maintain a monitoring system for management of financial resources provided by donor countries and institutions, philanthropic foundations and other organizations.
- Conduct research and create networks of specialists in New York and North America on specific peace and security issues. Support of curriculum development programmes currently includes the following: Development, Peace and Security; and Disarmament and Non-Proliferation (DNP) Education.
- Provide substantive inputs on teaching, training, and research programmes.
Major programme development initiatives:
- Youth, Employment and Violence Programme, which is based out of New York.
- Asia & the Pacific Programme, which is based out of the New York Office.
University for Peace
551 Fifth Avenue, Suites 800 A-B
New York, N.Y. 10176
Tel: (212) 346-1163; Fax: (212) 346-1046