M.A. in Sustainable Peace in the Contemporary World
The online Master of Arts programme in Sustainable Peace in the Contemporary World engages competent professionals and researchers to resolve pressing and complex global problems that concern humanity. Every course in the programme shares a commitment to ethics, fundamental human values, gender sensitivity and multiculturalism.
The content of the online M.A. moves from a study of the origins of conflict at the personal, local, internal, and international levels to the promotion and practice of peace. The programme discusses the responsibilities and capacities of all social sectors, including key political and economic institutions, as well as civil society and individuals, and their potential impact on the environmental and social aspects of peace and conflict. Skills for the maintenance of peace are emphasized throughout the programme, including analysing and understanding conflict from multiple perspectives.
This is an interdisciplinary online programme, drawing on scholarship and methodologies from across academia. The complexities of today's world, and the developments of the last thirty years in understanding peace and conflict, demand an approach that crosses boundaries while seeking to create new progressions in the main field of study.
All courses are well-integrated within the programme, bringing together modern theories, and concepts, in-depth case studies, best-practices from around the world, sound methodologies, and the valuable contributions of course-takers.
Deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Students can begin the M.A. programme at the start of any new course, upon approval.
Please contact our Admissions Team if you have further questions.
About the Programme
In order to take an online course, you will need:
- A computer
- An accessible email address
- A reliable and trusted Internet connection (Connectivity: a broadband Internet connection)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 8 or higher. You can download this for free by clicking here.
- A Web browser. You can use either: Internet Explorer version 7 or higher, Opera version 8 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox version 3 or higher, or Safari
- Flash Player
Important Note: Our courses may make use of pop-up windows. If you are using a pop-up blocker, you may need to disable it before entering the virtual classroom.
Tuition Fees and Financial Aid
Tuition for the Online M.A. in Peace in the Contemporary World:
- Courses (36 credits): US $12,000
- Independent Research Project (6 credits): US $3,000
- Total tuition for the Online Master's Programme: US $15,000
- Financial Assistance Options
- Credit Card
- Wire transfer