The following are the main components of UPEACE’s academic programmes:
- MA Programmes: Face-to-face teaching takes place as part of UPEACE’s Master’s degree programmes, which address various areas related to peace and peacebuilding. During the January elective period participants are offered a variety of courses on current topics of interest to all of the MA programmes. Plans are underway to offer advanced degrees beyond the Master’s degree.
- Undergraduate Credit-Building Programme (UCP-UPEACE): UPEACE accepts academically advanced undergraduate students in all of its individual graduate courses, on a case-by-case basis. UPEACE will award such students graduate-level credits for successful completion of these courses.
- Study Abroad Programme (SAP): offers graduate students from other institutions the opportunity to enroll in UPEACE courses for credit offered during a semester. This programme provides a unique opportunity to participate in a multicultural learning community comprised of participants, faculty and staff from around the world.
- Training and Workshops: The UPEACE faculty also engages in short courses and training of Peace and Conflict related issues for various organizations, institutions and partners worldwide.
- Sharing Knowledge for Peace (SKP): According to UPEACE’s mandate from the United Nations, one of the major pillars of our work relates to the development of a worldwide community of learning about Peace and Conflict. Sharing Knowledge for Peace is UPEACE’s programme for ensuring that our knowledge reaches many people and institutions worldwide via toolkits for teaching, distance e-learning and a book series.
- Faculty: Over the past five years UPEACE has relied on a mix of resident and visiting faculty members to teach its face-to-face courses. They all bring richness of knowledge and experience to the classroom, and affirm the international and multicultural character of UPEACE.
These are the academic programmes offered by the University:
- Department of Environment and Development
- Department of International Law, Human Rights and Gender
- Department of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Partnership Programmes
- Doctoral Programme
- Online Education
- Other studies at UPEACE