All online courses in the Distance Education Programme are open to independent students and are not limited to those interested in the online M.A. in Sustainable Peace in the Contemporary World and are subject to the following conditions:
- Online courses can be taken for credit and non-credit (training purposes).
- All applicants applying for credited courses must have an undergraduate degree (B.A., B.S. or an equivalent degree) from an accredited college or university.
- Students admitted to any UPEACE online course must exhibit an outstanding academic record.
- Students should also demonstrate a commitment to working for a positive social change; a minimum of two years of work experience and some experience in a related field, is a plus.
- Candidates must be fluent in English, both spoken and written. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores or the International English Language test (IELTS) are required for candidates whose native language is not English.
We look forward to receiving your application, and helping you with any further questions you may have.
Click here to view the online course listing.
The tuition fee per online course:
- 3-credit course (9 weeks) is US $950 / non-credit US $750 (plus bank charges)
- 2-credit course (6 weeks) is US $700 / non-credit US $500 (plus bank charges)
In order to take an online course, you will need:
- A computer
- An accessible email address
- A reliable and trusted Internet connection (Connectivity: a broadband Internet connection)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 8 or higher. You can download this for free by clicking here.
- A Web browser. You can use either: Internet Explorer version 7 or higher, Opera version 8 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox version 3 or higher, or Safari
- Flash Player
Important Note: Our courses may make use of pop-up windows. If you are using a pop-up blocker, you may need to disable it before entering the virtual classroom.
- Credit Card
- Wire transfer
Here's what our past participants have to say about us:
"UPEACE is creating a wonderful opportunity for the working class across all continents to further their education on peace and conflict studies."
"Thank You! This was my first UPEACE course and it has gotten me very excited for the rest of the year!"
"It was one of the most stimulating courses I have ever taken! I was lucky to find myself in a very diverse group. Everyone had something interesting to contribute and did so respectfully."
"I was surprised by how much I was able to absorb in the online environment - I was initially unsure of how to measure my progress, but developed more confidence as the course developed."
"The course exceeded my goals. The knowledge and experience of the instructor along with interesting readings made for a most enjoyable and informative class."
"I was impressed with all the interesting readings, the point of view of the topics and the study cases we engaged with. All the material had a clear link with each other, and contributed to the understanding of all concepts that we discussed during each week session."
"The class was more interesting than my previous three university courses, which I did on campus at another institution. The ability to bring students from the entire globe to share their experiences is the most exciting aspect of the course. The instructors are fantastic, in my opinion."
"What I learned in the course exceeded my expectations and the readings were quite valuable. Also, having such a diverse class was a plus, to be able to learn from different perspectives."